- Personality poster of British-born actress Greer Garson. She was discovered by Louis B. Mayer and appeared in her first American film 'Goodbye, Mr Chips' in 1939.
- This poster was produced in Germany and bears the stamp of the Motion Picture Export Association Inc., dedicated to restoring the American film market after WWII and to fight trade barriers and restrictions imposed on American films. The stamp was used on German posters only between 1946 and 1950. Posters in the same style were created for numerous other MGM stars to be displayed in movie theatre lobbies whenever a film of a particular star was playing.
Measures 23 x 33 inches (58 x 84 cm). It has never been folded and is in excellent condition. It has no pin holes and only shows light scuffing in some places along the edge, most likely caused by repeated handling. The colours are strong and beautiful since it was always stored rolled, away from light. This poster image, and all others in this series, were created by German artist Kurt Glombig
An exceeingly beautiful, highly sought-after item in collecotor's circles. Will be shipped rolled in a sturdy tube.
- Original distributer item, not a copy or reprint.
Picture shown is of the
Greer Garson personality poster
- - Payments by PayPal only, within one week of purchase.
- Items ship within one day of receipt of payment. Customers receive notification when the item ships.
- Folded items are mailed in an envelope with cardboard stiffener, rolled items in a sturdy tube.
- Purchases may be combined for shipping discount.
Postage and Shipping: (rolled in a tube)
- Canada: Regular Mail: $18.50
- U.S.: Regular Mail: $11.00
- International: Air Mail, $22.00
- All prices in U.S dollars
- To send the item by Registered Mail would add $9.00 to regular postage in Canada and $16.50 to anywhere else in the world.
Original vintage movie posters