Ramon Novarro, Francis X. Bushman, May McAvoy
Original vintage U.S. horizontal insert for the first release in 1925. Folded, 14 x 29-3/8 inches. Printed on glossy, coated stock. In amazingly fine condition for its age. Has never been displayed. No pin holes or tears. Comes with an Identification Card for the poster and a Certificate of Authenticity, authorized by the National Archive of Illustration and Advertising Art.
An extremely rare pre-release poster for the silent version of this title. Note that besides the graphic it features only the title and no names. The background is printed in metallic gold, which was probably a first for that time.
This poster was no doubt designed to be an effective 'teaser'. Although the movie premiered late in 1925 in New York, strangely enough it was not released in the USA until 1927, after it had releases in other countries in 1926.
A beautiful, well-preserved and very valuable collector's item. A fine piece of movie history.
Note: The second photo shows the back of the poster, the third picture the two items certifying its authenticity.
- Original distributer item, not a copy or reprint.
Picture shown is of the actual item without any trimming at the edges.
- Upon request a larger image can be made available for a closer look at the item.
- If you are not happy with your purchase, you may return it for an item refund within 30 days after first notifying me of your intention. Buyer pays return postage.
Ben Hur, 1925
- - Payments by PayPal only, within one week of purchase.
- Items ship within one day of receipt of payment. Customers receive notification when the item ships.
- Folded items are mailed in an envelope with cardboard stiffener, rolled items in a sturdy tube.
- Purchases may be combined for shipping discount.
Postage and Shipping:
- Canada: Express Post: $19.00
- U.S.: Express Post: $35.00
- International: Express Post, $66.00
- All prices in U.S dollars
- Please inquire for cost if you want your item insured.
Original vintage movie posters